This is a Google Folder with both high-res and low-res images from which to choose depending on the application, print, or web.
Headshots of mental health speaker, Anne Moss Rogers
Trigger Warning Script for Presentations and Podcasts
(Contact Anne Moss for more specific instructions for student audiences)
Trigger warning: This podcast (or presentation) touches on sensitive subjects like suicide and addiction. If you need support, call the USA suicide prevention lifeline at 988 or use the Crisis Text Line at 741-741.
Same as below just printable for reading.
Bio for motivational mental health speaker, Anne Moss Rogers
AnneMoss Rogers is a mental health and suicide education expert, professional speaker, trainer, and consultant. She is a TEDx storyteller, certified suicide prevention trainer, and author of the award-winning memoir, Diary of a Broken Mind. After her 20-year-old son, Charles died by suicide in 2015, Anne Moss chronicled her family’s tragedy in a newspaper article that went viral, and her blog, Emotionally Naked, has reached millions. Her second book, Emotionally Naked: A Teacher’s Guide to Preventing Suicide and Recognizing Students at Risk, with co-writer Dr. Kimberly O’Brien was published on August 24, 2021, through Wiley Publishing.
She has been featured in the New York Times, Variety Magazine, and was the first non-clinician invited to speak on youth suicide at the National Institute of Mental Health. She is one of the editors of the American Academy of Pediatrics Blueprint for Youth Suicide Prevention. A UNC-Chapel Hill alumna, Anne Moss currently lives in Richmond, VA with her husband. Her surviving son, Richard, is a filmmaker in LA.
While this is not a complete list, here are many of the highlighted podcasts in which Anne Moss is a featured guest.
Social Media Links
FB: https://facebook.com/EmotionallyNaked (this was hacked)
Focus areas and differentiators
- Lived experience with extensive expertise
- Good at script writing (she uses these in training and workshops)
- Translating research into a strategy that humans can understand
- Making a complex topic understandable
- Tangible takeaways
- Youth mental health and suicide prevention in schools
- DBT coping strategies with age-appropriate real-life examples
Images, logos, PR
Emotionally Naked Logos (png-jpg)– This is a Google Folder with both high-res and low-res logos from which to choose depending on the application, print, or web
Hyperlinks (txt file) -Social media links, and website links in an easy-to-copy format
- Sun Valley Conference release
- Sun Valley Book List
- Anne Moss Rogers’s candid images from Sun Valley Conference
State of Virginia Certifications for Emotionally Naked LLC
- SWam Certified- Small business certification
Current Certifications and Training
- Registered safeTALK trainer for LivingWorks- #n42749 (certified prevention trainer)
- ASIST Trained–Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a 2-day interactive workshop
- ASK Workshop Trained: Training focused on identifying, assessing, and helping 5-12 -year-olds at risk for suicide find hope for life
- Youth Mental Health First Aid, Mental Health First Aid
- Preventure: Personality-targeted life skills training that has been shown to reduce youth substance misuse
- Brain Gym Neurocognitive Training for Addiction: with Hamed Ekhtiari, M.D., Ph.D.
- Bereavement Support Group Facilitator Training (Co-facilitator of suicide loss group)
- DBT Steps-A in Schools- SEL curriculum based on DBT and mindfulness
- HC Peer Trained –Healing Conversations Survivor Outreach Program through the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention
- REVIVE! Training– Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Education training
- Trauma-Informed Care Basics
- Anne Moss follows safe messaging and reporting guidelines on suicide
- At least 15+ hours or more of ongoing training per calendar year
Group & Board Memberships:
- Chesterfield County Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Department of Justice Addiction Task Force
- TICN: Trauma-Informed Care Network (ACEs)-Schools Committee
- NAMI Virginia board member, Vice President (mental health)
- 2 End the Stigma board member (addiction)
- Past President and Executive Director, Beacon Tree Foundation (youth mental health nonprofit
- Co-facilitator of Richmond Virginia Survivors of Suicide Loss Support Group
- Volunteer at the Virginia chapter of the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention for Suicide Outreach Program
- NSA USA and Virginia Chapter – Certified National Speakers Association